Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Trip

Happy Thanksgiving! This is my favorite holiday of the year by far. I love how the focus is almost completely on family and our blessings, and I love the food too! This year we drove out to Nevada to visit my dad's parents who we haven't seen in almost 4 years, and obviously they have never seen Van. I was worried how Bambino would do on the lllllooooooooooonnnggg drive, but I was pleasantly surprised. (That doesn't mean we didn't break every carseat law in all 3 states we drove though, but when you have a baby, you just do what you have to do.) We had a great time with Grandma & Grandpa, and we had a decent "diabetic" Thanksgiving feast. One of my favorite parts was taking Van on a hike in Tahoe that my parents used to take me on when I was his age. And it's a hike I've done many time throughout high school and college . I just love sharing pieces of my past like that with my family!

Can you see how well he travels? I don't think he could be much happier!

No comments: