These are the most interesting moments of our wonderful life- enjoy!
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Tradition
Tyler's mom makes a traditional dinner around Halloween every year, but not on Halloween, because she makes home-made pizza then. But at some point in the month, she makes "dinner in a pumpkin". The whole dinner (ground beef, rice and some other stuff) is cooked in the pumpkin and then you eat it with slices of the squash on the side. I love it- not because it is a fabulous meal, it is rather simple, but more because it is a tradition- and I love traditions! This year, in my attempt to really bring our various traditions together into our home, I decided I was going to make a dinner in a pumpkin too. I let Van help me clean out the pumpkin guts, which was pretty fun, then I beked the seeds which turned out really yummy and then I made the dinner. I ended up using the wrong recipe and it wasn't nearly as good as Julie's, but even if I had used the right one, it still wouldn't have been as good! But it was yummy enough and we all had a good time creating our own family traditions that we can carry on in our home together! And that's what really matters!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment