I am a crappy wife. I have had three shots in the last month to show my husband how much I love and appreciate him, and I missed all of them. Our 2 year anniversary was on January 13th, his birthday was on February 11th and Valentines Day came right after that. We have made agreements not to do the whole cheesy V-Day thing, but I probably owed it to him after missing my other 2 chances. (Even my mom didn't let it pass without decorating our bathroom mirror with little gel hearts and leaving us each a bag of pink & red Kissables... my favorite!)
I think he knows he is the center of my world, but it still feels unfair that I blew off every easy, no-excuses opportunity to tell him again.
My husband is wonderful: he takes such great care of me and the baby-to-be and does everything I ask him to help me with, without complaining. He is so proud of me carrying this child and tells me all the time what a super job I'm doing and how beautiful I am. (So what if he lies- he still gets kudos for it!) He works as much as I do, goes to school full-time and still has homework to do when he gets home. He is also helping build my parent's basement- which is hard, dirty work. Yet somehow, he makes absolutely sure that he gives me the time & attention I need, helps with dinner & chores and still pull off Dean's list and A's every semester! He is a big dreamer and a hard worker, and I am so proud of him. He is a worthy Priesthood holder, and that is something wonderful all in itself. I cherish and respect that about him, above all else. He makes me laugh all the time and he doesn't take me too seriously, even when I'm over-reacting just a bit. That's where his great patience comes out too.
No comments:
Post a Comment