Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Easter

I know I'm so, very late getting this posted, but here is Van's first Easter Egg hunt:

We met up with Brit, Jace & their kids in Blackfoot, and all 3 kids lined up for the "under 2" egg hunt- you know, where there are about 300 eggs laying in the wide open. While waiting for the start signal several mothers (yes, mothers) with infants who could not have been older than 4 months, cross the line and start grabbing eggs like crazy! The horn blows and all the adults plow over the kids swooping up Easter Eggs like nobody's biznass! Van grabed 1 egg & I ran him back out of the hun, picking up 1 more on the wayt. I could not believe the way all those parents were bahaving- taking eggs from kids, diving to get there first, pushing... I gave Avery the candy from Van's eggs, since she got none, and we gave the eggs to a boy who was crying cause he also got none. I just don't see what was in it for all those rude parents to make them act so crazy, while some kids walked away in tears with absolutely nothing! Ok, sad story, but Van had a good time cause he was oblivious- and very tired.

1 comment:

Sara said...

That is crazy! I'm glad he managed to have fun and at least get 2 eggs. And, by the way, he is getting SO big!