Thursday, July 30, 2009

July Update

More boating.
A trip to Boise.
A visit to Utah.

We went out on the boat a few more times and when Van saw his older cousins out on the tube, he HAD to go for a ride too. I could not believe I was taking my 1 year old out onto the open water for a tube ride, but you should have seen the fit he threw! Obviously, we survived and Van had a great time- he LOVED it!

We went up to Boise for a weekend because Tyler was finishing a job up there and we hadn't seen Scott and Ashton's new house yet. It was good to spend some time with them- it seems like we don't see them much since they moved. We also met up with a family from Tyler's mission in Detroit. They live on a ranch with lots of animals for a 1 year old to see. Van's favorite was the horses, especially since they kept "getting" his hands. They were such a nice family and we had a really good time with them. I feel like I missed out on a lot of Tyler's life before we met, so I loved hearing the stories of him on his mission. We also went to Utah for a weekend to visit more family. My grandma's neighbors have the most amazing pool I have ever seen. It was heated and it had a water slide, a separate kiddie area with underwater benches, really cool lights, fountains and water arches. And probably a few more sweet features I didn't see. Van loved to splash and play in the kiddie pool, especially when the geyser was turned on. I know we have already established that he is a big time water lover, but the delight he gets from it always surprises me. I love being a mom and having that constant sense of excitement and wonder at my fingers tips all the time. He really brings the magic back into everyday life and I am so lucky to experience that through him.

No comments: