Monday, January 17, 2011

Catch Up: December

My dad won the award of super grandpa this month. He took Van to a Build & Grow workshop at Lowes and made a train set, took him to the Museum of Natural History at ISU, went on many a "dates" to McDonalds and took him bowling (yes, again) with his employees from the bank. And of course there was the typical spoiling-your-pants-off that Christmas brings. As you can tell, December marked the beginning of Van's celebrity treatment that will continue for the next 4 or 5 months....

It's a long story:

In January I began having complications with the pregnancy that required me to have several tests each week, many at the hospital, so Van was whisked away to playdates and pampering by friends and family. After the baby, those same angels were anxious to let me recover & bond with our new little bundle, so the spoiling continued. Just before Van's 3rd birthday, I herniated a disk in my back and in addition to excruciating pain, I was unable to care for either of my children. In rushed the rescue crew again and more fun and games. People would ask how he was adjusting & I could only answer that he loves being a super-star, but he has no idea what it's like to be a sibling.

(Again, sorry for the picture-less post)

No comments: